ViChem SI-60 Inhibitor
ViChem SI-60 Shale Inhibitor is a proprietary mix of cationic molecules for use in water-based drilling fluids specifically designed to inhibit shale hydration. The molecules in SI-60 are specially designed to displace ions on the surface of shales and thereby block the penetration of water effectively stopping the swelling and dispersive tendencies of clay-containing shales.
Laboratory tests and field studies have suggested that the degree of inhibition provided by SI-60 is significantly greater than any other water-based additive, truly approaching the level of an oil-based system. Use of this product produces stable, gauged boreholes and helps to keep cuttings together minimizing dispersion.
SI-60 can be used “off the shelf” or custom blended based on laboratory testing of formational shale samples.
- Improves shale stabilization encouraging stable, gauged boreholes
- Strengthening of the well bore walls, minimizing sloughing
- Can promote clay and shale stabilization to prevent swelling and/or dispersion
- Seals small fractures in stressed shale formations
- Provides excellent cuttings encapsulation reducing cuttings dispersion
- Enhances removal of drill solids
- Reduces colloidal solids concentrations
- Reduces risks of screen blinding
- Does not negatively affect fluid rheology if properly applied
- Chloride free
- Can be optimized to meet specific needs